About the Women's and Children's Hospital
The Hospital Site
The main hospital site is bounded by King William Road, Kermode Street, Edwin Smith Avenue and Brougham Place, North Adelaide.
The first building was the Samuel Way Building, erected in 1878. It was demolished in 1965.
Now the oldest building is the Angas Building, opened in 1893. It was a gift from the Hon. John Howard Angas. Next to it is the second oldest building, the Alan Campbell Building, opened in 1897 and named after a founder of the hospital.
Other buildings include:
Further reading: The Adelaide Children’s Hospital 1876 – 1976 by Margaret Barbalet.
last modified: 05 Jul 2016