WCH Medical Training Opportunities - Pre-Vocational Training
Medical Training Opportunities
- A number of Resident Medical Officer (Postgraduate Year 2+) positions are available:
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology: 12 month RMO and 12 month Service registrar positions
- WCH Prevocational Resident Program: 6 Months Paediatrics/ 6 Months Obstetrics and Gynaecology. These positions are designed for TMOs considering a career in general practice, paediatrics or obstetrics and gynaecology. Available rotations include Paediatric General Medicine, General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Neuro/Craniofacial Surgery, ENT Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Paediatric Emergency Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Prevocational TMOs have a wide range of education and training opportunities across the hospital and will participate in the educational programs within the departments in which they are working.
- Trainees in Obstetrics may be eligible to enrol for the Certificate of Womenâ€™s Health or the Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (DRANZCOG). As there is a limited capacity to provide the required level of training and supervision, TMOs will need approval to undertake these awards from the Head of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and the Medical Education Unit. Once TMOs have secured a position at WCH there will be a local application process.
- Three Medical Interns (Postgraduate Year 1) rotate from the Central Adelaide Local Health Network for 10 week terms in either Neonatal Medicine, Paediatric Emergency Medicine, or Paediatric General Medicine.
Natalie Michael, Medical Education Officer
Dr Scott Sypek, Director of Clinical Training
Back to Medical Training Opportunties
last modified: 08 Jun 2018