Medical Training Opportunities
The Women’s and Children's Health Network is recognised for excellence in medical training.
Considerable support and supervision is given to trainee doctors. For example:
- In-house registrar and consultant support is available for trainee medical officers (TMOs)
- Trainee medical officers are trained before they are rostered on at night
- Trainee medical officers are not rostered on at night alone
- All rostering and pay is in accordance with the South Australian Medical Officers Enterprise Bargaining Agreement (2013).
In addition, the Health Service offers:
- Orientation programs for both the Hospital and departments
- Access to regular training and education
- Examination leave
- Professional Development leave
- Reimbursement of Professional Development expenses, up to $8,000 for TMOs.
- Close supervision and adequate mentoring
- Salary sacrifice
- A gym on-site
- Child care facilities nearby
- Staff counselling
- A library on-site.
Medical training available :
Last Modified: 06-02-2018 13:32:08
Printed from the Women's and Childrens WWW site.