Dr Tamara Zutlevics holds the position of Patient Ethicist at the WCHN. The role of the Ethicist is to
- provide advice regarding ethical issues of concern to health professionals on a team or individual basis and to patients/clients of this service
- facilitate education in bioethics at the WCHN
- hold the position of Chair of the WCHN Human Research Ethics Committee
Contacting the Patient Ethicist
Dr Zutlevics is available for consultation, with or without an appointment, every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
- Phone 8161 6149
- Email Tamara.Zutlevics@sa.gov.au.
- For urgent/pressing cases which arise outside of these times please contact her via the Secretariat on 8161 8175 or 8161 6521
Patient Care Ethics Committee (PCEC)
The WCHN Patient Care Ethics Committee is a clinical ethics committee that is dedicated to providing independent advice to clinicians and clinical teams about ethical issues pertaining to patient care and general matters of ethical concern.
The PCEC provides a supportive environment that facilitates and promotes ethical discussion and resolution of ethical issues with the view to enhancing decision making and promoting robust ethical outcomes for patients and families.
- The WCHN PCEC will provide advice on specific cases or general matters of ethical concern. If you have a specific case or issue you wish the PCEC to discuss you should do so using the PCEC Referral Form
- In addition to the six scheduled meetings a year, the committee (or part thereof) can meet at short notice in response to urgent or pressing cases.
The PCEC is constituted of WCHN staff across a range of medical, nursing/midwifery and allied health areas together with a lay person and patient ethicist.
For further information on the PCEC, refer to:
PCEC Terms of Reference
PCEC Scheduled Meetings 2020
Contacting the PCEC
- PCEC Chair: Dr Tamara Zutlevics - 8161 6149
- PCEC Deputy Chairs: Dr Chris Wilkinson and Dr Alexia Pena
- PCEC Executive Officer: Ms Aya Summerton - 8161 8175
last modified: 29 Jan 2020