Becoming a Volunteer
It’s easy to become a volunteer with us, just follow these simple steps:
- contact us by phone, email or website for an application form;
- send us your application;
- apply online here;
- come in for an interview.
Successful applicants will also need to:
- undergo DCSI Child-Related Employment Screening and referee checks;
- complete a Screening and Health Information form; *
- attend an induction session;
- be matched to a specific role; and
- complete orientation and training.
*All prospective volunteers are required to complete a Screening and Health Information form and provide evidence of their immunisation history, if possible.
Many volunteer roles, especially those with direct contact to babies and children, will require volunteers to have up to date immunisations.
The time between initial enquiry and start date for successful applicants varies depending on availability of roles and turnaround times for police clearances.
WCHN Volunteer Application Form (PDF - 163kb)
Map to WCHN Volunteer Unit Location (PDF - 133kb)
72 King William Road
North Adelaide SA 5006
Phone: 8161 6437 or 8161 7471
Fax: 8161 7405
Send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org